Sending kids off to school is always a big deal for mom's. There is the back to school shopping for clothing and supplies and figuring out the new schedules for school activities. But the moment I'll always remember is when you were all slicked up, school supplies in hand, anxious to go. Maybe your were excited, maybe a little scared, but you were ready to be off on your own. Inevitably I would say, "wait, let me get the camera." You stood at the gate for the picture. I had you to myself for a few more moments. . . then off for the adventure of a new school year.
Well as school is about to start for me on Monday, I’m going through those feeling of excitement and a little fear, but mostly I’m happy to be back in this atmosphere in BYUI. I do enjoy school. It’s a chance to get out of the house and the regular routine and be on my own and in charge of everything. Right now I’m looking for future girlfriends and getting dates set up for next week. I got one for Monday night so far. But I do love school. Thanks mom and dada for getting me out her so I can have this expirence.
Back to school? I remember feeling scared and nervous going back to school, but never as bad as I do now as a teacher. This year, I felt younger than a child and more scared than a spider about to be squashed under a shoe. I don’t think kids know it… but teachers are bunch of big kids… probably more scared than the children.
I remember feeling ultra cool in that extra large unbuttoned, collard shirt. Of course I felt cool. It was a lot cooler than a space robot sweater. And look at that awesome hair.
Best part of back to school is the new clothes. Every time I see a picture of my puff paint robot sweat shirt I wonder whatever happened to it? That was a quality article of clothing. I just scanned the other comments and saw what Christian had to say about my sweat shirt. Well I think time has shown who understands fashion and who understands body hair. Anyway, Growing up I was a fan of back to school time. When I was old enough to use pens I have been rather particular on what pens I use. Every new school year I will try a different pen to see if it will satisfy my needs (in case you are wondering I find the BIC Atlantis to be an exceptional budget pen at the moment with the Pilot v5 in second place). This year no clothes or pens have me excited for back to school. I'll refer you to www.joneschapter.blogspot.com for more info.
I always loved going back to school and still do. I have always been the school nerd of the family and am not ashamed to own up to it. I like the pictures too, but most of the time, I get a little impatient in the process. This year, school is awesome so far and I love BYU! I have made tons of friends and really like my roomie. I don't have a camera, so you will have to wait and see if I can use amanda's for pictures, but you all know I was the cutest kid next to the gate.
I am a total sucker for back to school smells. The backpack, ked shoes, folders, wooden rulers, and a freshly sharpened bouquet of pencils: that’s what makes all the nerves worth it. I love that mom always took those pictures in the same spot too. It's a great tradition that I hope to continue with a black iron fence of my own.
8 comments:
Sending kids off to school is always a big deal for mom's. There is the back to school shopping for clothing and supplies and figuring out the new schedules for school activities. But the moment I'll always remember is when you were all slicked up, school supplies in hand, anxious to go. Maybe your were excited, maybe a little scared, but you were ready to be off on your own. Inevitably I would say, "wait, let me get the camera." You stood at the gate for the picture. I had you to myself for a few more moments. . . then off for the adventure of a new school year.
Well as school is about to start for me on Monday, I’m going through those feeling of excitement and a little fear, but mostly I’m happy to be back in this atmosphere in BYUI. I do enjoy school. It’s a chance to get out of the house and the regular routine and be on my own and in charge of everything. Right now I’m looking for future girlfriends and getting dates set up for next week. I got one for Monday night so far. But I do love school. Thanks mom and dada for getting me out her so I can have this expirence.
Back to school? I remember feeling scared and nervous going back to school, but never as bad as I do now as a teacher. This year, I felt younger than a child and more scared than a spider about to be squashed under a shoe. I don’t think kids know it… but teachers are bunch of big kids… probably more scared than the children.
I remember feeling ultra cool in that extra large unbuttoned, collard shirt. Of course I felt cool. It was a lot cooler than a space robot sweater. And look at that awesome hair.
Best part of back to school is the new clothes. Every time I see a picture of my puff paint robot sweat shirt I wonder whatever happened to it? That was a quality article of clothing.
I just scanned the other comments and saw what Christian had to say about my sweat shirt. Well I think time has shown who understands fashion and who understands body hair.
Anyway, Growing up I was a fan of back to school time. When I was old enough to use pens I have been rather particular on what pens I use. Every new school year I will try a different pen to see if it will satisfy my needs (in case you are wondering I find the BIC Atlantis to be an exceptional budget pen at the moment with the Pilot v5 in second place). This year no clothes or pens have me excited for back to school. I'll refer you to www.joneschapter.blogspot.com for more info.
Darren, Your picture is disturbing. I'm here for you if you need to talk.
I always loved going back to school and still do. I have always been the school nerd of the family and am not ashamed to own up to it. I like the pictures too, but most of the time, I get a little impatient in the process. This year, school is awesome so far and I love BYU! I have made tons of friends and really like my roomie. I don't have a camera, so you will have to wait and see if I can use amanda's for pictures, but you all know I was the cutest kid next to the gate.
I am a total sucker for back to school smells. The backpack, ked shoes, folders, wooden rulers, and a freshly sharpened bouquet of pencils: that’s what makes all the nerves worth it. I love that mom always took those pictures in the same spot too. It's a great tradition that I hope to continue with a black iron fence of my own.
Post a Comment