Dad thought it would be fun to give a tribute to Aunt Louise this Christmas. I guess it would be our collective "stocking letter" to her. So share your memories and any good pictures.
One of my memories of Aunt Louise is when she first moved to Colorado. I was extremely excited. I was in 4th grade and I went around to all of my friends in Mrs. Stampka's class and told them that my Aunt Louise was moving to town. I remembered driving around in her Honda and listening to her Milli Vanilli tape. I knew spending time with Aunt Louise meant something fun was going to happen.
I also remember Aunt Louise bread. I asked Louise how to make it one time. She explained something about having to let things sit for around a week before you could make the bread. I knew at that moment I was totally dependent on her for Aunt Louise bread...still am.
When Louise moved to town we experienced the fun side of adults. She took us to a Disney movie at a movie theater once or twice and that was the coolest thing ever. She always talked to us young kids and that felt good. Most adults seemed to ignore us. In my teenage years I was forced to see Louise as the authority to fight against when mom and dad and Megan were gone, but that was not often. Louise is always fun to talk to. She was always on the lookout for my potential wife, and even though I found Emily on my own, I still appreciate the efforts. She was also a great source of activity ideas when I was in charge of a singles ward FHE or ward party. And the Provo storage unit has been pretty handy.
Well I don't have any distant memories of Aunth Louise... I'm sure you can guess why. But I did meet Louise last year for the first time. I remember my first thoughts of Louise were that she was very outgoing and fun. Those thoughts have not changed. Louise is not just my aunt-in-law but she is my aunt. She knows more about me that any of my "real" aunts do and she's a heck of a lot more fun than they are. (Please don't show this to any of my aunts... I love them too...)
I have loved the many sleepovers and mornings with bisquits and gravy! It was always a blast and very delicious. She always knew exactly what I liked. Weezie also took me along to many SUper Satuday events where we did all kinds of fun crafts and stuff. It was awesome. I especially remember making post-it notebooks and a scarecrow and somekind of aple or punpkin butter. Anywho, it was fun.
Louise knows how to listen, and how to talk, which is part of what makes her so amazing. We had a totally first class dinner at Cool River Cafe this year and enjoyed every minute of it. I know I can count on Louise for silly things like movies or craft ideas. But more importantly I can count on Louise to be a true friend.
The Dog Puppets. Need I say more? Thanks to Louise I had the best of toy/stuffed animal/item of loathing from all my friends. I remember working on it with Louise and got really excited when I got to finally put the eyeballs on. With those on I could finally claim that "it's alive!" Louise is the only person that I can watch Ella Enchanted with. No one else can understand my need to see Prince Char and Ella together!
8 comments:
Words that come to mind wehn thinking of Aunt Louise: Cheetos, Favorite, arts and crafts, the kissing talk, all knowing,
One of my memories of Aunt Louise is when she first moved to Colorado. I was extremely excited. I was in 4th grade and I went around to all of my friends in Mrs. Stampka's class and told them that my Aunt Louise was moving to town. I remembered driving around in her Honda and listening to her Milli Vanilli tape. I knew spending time with Aunt Louise meant something fun was going to happen.
I also remember Aunt Louise bread. I asked Louise how to make it one time. She explained something about having to let things sit for around a week before you could make the bread. I knew at that moment I was totally dependent on her for Aunt Louise bread...still am.
When Louise moved to town we experienced the fun side of adults. She took us to a Disney movie at a movie theater once or twice and that was the coolest thing ever. She always talked to us young kids and that felt good. Most adults seemed to ignore us. In my teenage years I was forced to see Louise as the authority to fight against when mom and dad and Megan were gone, but that was not often.
Louise is always fun to talk to. She was always on the lookout for my potential wife, and even though I found Emily on my own, I still appreciate the efforts. She was also a great source of activity ideas when I was in charge of a singles ward FHE or ward party. And the Provo storage unit has been pretty handy.
Well I don't have any distant memories of Aunth Louise... I'm sure you can guess why. But I did meet Louise last year for the first time. I remember my first thoughts of Louise were that she was very outgoing and fun. Those thoughts have not changed. Louise is not just my aunt-in-law but she is my aunt. She knows more about me that any of my "real" aunts do and she's a heck of a lot more fun than they are. (Please don't show this to any of my aunts... I love them too...)
I have loved the many sleepovers and mornings with bisquits and gravy! It was always a blast and very delicious. She always knew exactly what I liked. Weezie also took me along to many SUper Satuday events where we did all kinds of fun crafts and stuff. It was awesome. I especially remember making post-it notebooks and a scarecrow and somekind of aple or punpkin butter. Anywho, it was fun.
Louise knows how to listen, and how to talk, which is part of what makes her so amazing. We had a totally first class dinner at Cool River Cafe this year and enjoyed every minute of it. I know I can count on Louise for silly things like movies or craft ideas. But more importantly I can count on Louise to be a true friend.
The Dog Puppets. Need I say more? Thanks to Louise I had the best of toy/stuffed animal/item of loathing from all my friends. I remember working on it with Louise and got really excited when I got to finally put the eyeballs on. With those on I could finally claim that "it's alive!" Louise is the only person that I can watch Ella Enchanted with. No one else can understand my need to see Prince Char and Ella together!
Post a Comment