First One UP! Anywhoo, as far as major battles in the backyard, I remember the pea-shooters Kaylene and I made out of onion stalks and the grape-spitting wars the best. These were probably the most disgusting because they both involved saliva. I also remember have a disk gun war with Darren and he told me to hide and never cam to find me. I pretty much sat there for about an hour. Finger Rockets are pretty mush awesome and will never die. They are the best weapons we have ever had!
I said most of my thoughts on these games in the Home Made Toys and Games section. It is my third comment in that section. After looking up my previous comments I hope mom does a lot of editing because I had a ton of typos.
I will focus on the finger dart wars. They started when me and my friends starting to get them for each other for birthdays and any other reason like settling a debt. Eventually we had enough ammunition for a battle. We would take the tables out for cover and makes teams. Then the fight would break out. We were all pretty good but eventually the true hard hitter emerged, Kaylene. The girl s would join in too and they were an asset to any team. Over time the battles were between us and the missionaries and any other house guests. Later on my mission the finger darts became the fiery darts of the advisory as I made my armor of god lesson. I rather enjoyed shooting those children with my deadly aim to show them how accurate the devil would be in tempting them. Nowadays, I use them to flirt with girls and have spontaneous mini battles. I have even mastered shooting them from my room, through the hall, through the living room, and on the right side of the couch by the front door. A very narrow shot to make.
hey christian, i dont think your post this round counts. using a comment from a previous round would count as a comment for that post not the one, come on, put some effort into it.:)
My favorite were the nerf bow and arrows. I wanted a real bow and arrow and saved up my money for a "long time." I went to the store and for some reason came home with a nerf bow and arrow instead of a real one. Can't remember how that happened. Eventually Mom and Dad got another one so we could have wars but before then we had to be more creative so that multiple people could play with just one bow. A game that I remember was one person would be the shooter and would get a certain amount of arrows. He would stand halfway down the basement while another person was at the end of the basement. The goal was for the person with the bow to get a head or chest shot before he ran out of arrows. If a leg was shot the "target" would have to dodge without using that leg. Same with an arm. I remember being particularly good and dodging the arrows. Disk Guns were a contraband in our house. They were never allowed but regularly would sneak in. These were fun but would be a problem because the disk were small and wouldn't hit with any real force. So you wouldn't know if you had been hit or not. This lead to obvious argument over wither you were out or not. Games with disk guns never did last that long because they would constantly get jammed or break. The grand-daddy of weapons of mass destruction was the air-soft guns. Small enough to load lots of bb's in at a time and they hit hard enough that you know when you have been hit. Eye protection was a must. Me and my buddies would build up the forts on either side of the basement, put on our ski goggles/paintball masks, turn up the music, and go to war. It was a lot of fun. Eventually one side would run out of ammo and have risk diving into the middle "no mans land" to grab some more bullets. Very rarely did someone make it out of there unscathed. Those were good times. Now my air-soft gun just sits on my windowsill waiting for the neighbor's cat to think it can get away with walking though our backyard.
5 comments:
First One UP! Anywhoo, as far as major battles in the backyard, I remember the pea-shooters Kaylene and I made out of onion stalks and the grape-spitting wars the best. These were probably the most disgusting because they both involved saliva. I also remember have a disk gun war with Darren and he told me to hide and never cam to find me. I pretty much sat there for about an hour.
Finger Rockets are pretty mush awesome and will never die. They are the best weapons we have ever had!
I said most of my thoughts on these games in the Home Made Toys and Games section. It is my third comment in that section. After looking up my previous comments I hope mom does a lot of editing because I had a ton of typos.
I will focus on the finger dart wars. They started when me and my friends starting to get them for each other for birthdays and any other reason like settling a debt. Eventually we had enough ammunition for a battle. We would take the tables out for cover and makes teams. Then the fight would break out. We were all pretty good but eventually the true hard hitter emerged, Kaylene. The girl s would join in too and they were an asset to any team. Over time the battles were between us and the missionaries and any other house guests.
Later on my mission the finger darts became the fiery darts of the advisory as I made my armor of god lesson. I rather enjoyed shooting those children with my deadly aim to show them how accurate the devil would be in tempting them.
Nowadays, I use them to flirt with girls and have spontaneous mini battles. I have even mastered shooting them from my room, through the hall, through the living room, and on the right side of the couch by the front door. A very narrow shot to make.
hey christian, i dont think your post this round counts. using a comment from a previous round would count as a comment for that post not the one, come on, put some effort into it.:)
My favorite were the nerf bow and arrows. I wanted a real bow and arrow and saved up my money for a "long time." I went to the store and for some reason came home with a nerf bow and arrow instead of a real one. Can't remember how that happened. Eventually Mom and Dad got another one so we could have wars but before then we had to be more creative so that multiple people could play with just one bow. A game that I remember was one person would be the shooter and would get a certain amount of arrows. He would stand halfway down the basement while another person was at the end of the basement. The goal was for the person with the bow to get a head or chest shot before he ran out of arrows. If a leg was shot the "target" would have to dodge without using that leg. Same with an arm. I remember being particularly good and dodging the arrows.
Disk Guns were a contraband in our house. They were never allowed but regularly would sneak in. These were fun but would be a problem because the disk were small and wouldn't hit with any real force. So you wouldn't know if you had been hit or not. This lead to obvious argument over wither you were out or not. Games with disk guns never did last that long because they would constantly get jammed or break.
The grand-daddy of weapons of mass destruction was the air-soft guns. Small enough to load lots of bb's in at a time and they hit hard enough that you know when you have been hit. Eye protection was a must. Me and my buddies would build up the forts on either side of the basement, put on our ski goggles/paintball masks, turn up the music, and go to war. It was a lot of fun. Eventually one side would run out of ammo and have risk diving into the middle "no mans land" to grab some more bullets. Very rarely did someone make it out of there unscathed. Those were good times. Now my air-soft gun just sits on my windowsill waiting for the neighbor's cat to think it can get away with walking though our backyard.
Post a Comment