Sunday, October 12, 2008

High School Pranks


It is probably safe to say that all of you have been a part of some high school pranks. Here is your chance to confess/brag about your exploits. Feel free to send me some pictures to add to the blog.


8 comments:

Presto said...

High School Pranks, well I didn’t do as many as I would have liked or as big of one’s as I would have liked. Reason being I was in charge of keeping order with my group of friends. All their parents hoped I would change their ways a little, but the times we I gave in were totally worth it and I’m sure some feeling were hurt and I do feel sorry for some. But anywho that’s not the purpose of this post so here are my pranks.
The Power of Leaves: (Dad don’t get mad again) One fall weekend I was cruzin the town with the guys: Steffen, Nathan, Calvin, and Dean. I was bored and wanted to do something amazing. What did we have, no money and only one car, the minivan. But just outside were bags and bags of leaves. So we decided to collect 10 to 15 or so of them and took them to the Carters and empty them in front of their front door in a way so that if they opened the door the leaves would all fall inside. It was fun but we got caught and so we cleaned it up. Not to be outdone we did it again to the Carlson’s. One thing about pranks and the Carlson’s is that they always seem to know when you’re coming. Every time I tried they were ready with a camera before we even did anything. There is a picture of me and Calvin at their front door with total surprise and guilty grins on. Needles to say that picture was sent to our bishop and we had our own special Sunday school class with him.

Ashlee said...

I have never been a part of a high school prank. I always wanted to but the chance never came up (my friends did them without me grrr). Oh well maybe in my next life.

Rebecca said...

I didn't get too crazy with the pranks, and didn't really do any until senior year, but they were fun. Lets see....
One day I talked my seminary class, Micheal's teachers and friends to all call him Michelle for the day, it was awesome!
Definitely TP'd a couple houses.
We saran wrapped my seminary teacher's house while they were gone and had a babysitter(one of my young women pals) who later told me that while she was there she heard these weird noises (we got on the roof to wrap the HOUSE) and later found out that Micheal and Dalin had pranked Bro. Erickson. Who would do such a thing?
I chalked a few driveways, dumped some leaves on doorsteps(only about 2 bags) and forked the same kid's lawn about five times. It was pretty awesome.

* most pranks were done with ease of clean-up in mind to avoid a bad feelings

Emily Jones said...

When I was in 6th grade, we moved into a new neighborhood. I found the transition to be much easier than my sister Julie. She had a hard time making friends. One day, a girl named Andrea invited her to a party and Julie was very excited. But when Julie got there, they were waiting for her to soak her with water balloons. Julie ran home, soaking wet and in tears. I was so upset. How could these girls in our ward treat her so poorly? I was chatting with my oldest sister Holly about how we could help Julie and Holly gave me an idea… A TERRIBLE IDEA! But I was 12 and it just seemed like the best (and funniest) way to get even with Andrea.

My friend had a dog and that is what made it all was possible. No one in their right mind would eat doggy doo doo. It looks gross… it smells bad… and well, it’s doggy doo doo. But who wouldn’t LOVE to receive a delicious batch of powdered chocolate cookies! And even better… from their secret admirer! Now you are all probably thinking that I am a horrible person but as you think that, please keep in mind that I was 12 and Andrea was an awful human being. So we did it. We used plastic dental gloves to roll the doggy doo doo into small bite-size cookies and then rolled them in powdered sugar to disguise the smell. And they couldn’t have looked better with the lovely bow and a note from a secret admirer written for Andrea herself! We delivered the cookies on her doorstep, rang the bell, and ran for our lives!

Now, not to disappoint you, but my sister Holly (the one with a conscience) told my mom and our evil prank and my mother made me go and remove the cookies from off the doorstep. Andrea never knew what she had coming and before she could find out… my mother saved her. I’m not proud of what I did… but you have to admit… it would have been a great prank!

Christian said...

One of the most visual pranks we did was to move my friend Rich's bedroom out to his backyard that faced the large green space. It was not until telling Emily about this prank that I first realized his stuff might have been stolen. Oh, but those were days of innocence and blah blah blah.

In high school, Eric, Aaron and I had a different lunch period than Rich Kunz one semester. So we decided to go prank him. We rushed to my place to get a camera, then went over to his house. His family was out of town for the week. The house was locked so we moved the trampoline to get onto the roof and go through his window. Eric tried, but said the window would not open. (He apparently broke the screen and Brother Kunz blames me for that to this day.) We were able to shake the sliding door lock open. Once inside we moved everything in his room to his backyard and and arranged it just as it had been in his room, messy laundry pile and all. We then took pictures of ourselves that we were going to mail to Rich after we had had our fun. Turns out he got the truth out of me later that day. For the rest of high school he swore he would get me back big time. I was never worried though because little Richie just didn't have it in him.

Darren said...

I've had my share of pranks. The best ones followed Christian's lead and were against the Kunz family. My Sophmore year I had a free hour at school with David Bond. This led to many escapades including a Valentines prank. David had acquired many cards from Starbucks that had valentines quotes on them. By many I mean lots and lots. We spent a couple of days writing our personalized messages on the back of them and then added the Kunz's Phone number. Then we went around the school and put them in random lockers.

My favorite prank was one that I did with Maria Funk. I think sometime in 2001 Gas stations were giving away Brittany Spears posters if you bought a pepsi. We convinced several gas stations to give us the posters for free. Again we are talking about lots and lots of posters. The Kunz's were out of town and Kaylene was watching their dog. We easily got into the house and completely wallpapered Courtney's room (incidentally the same room that had been removed and set up outside a few years previous). The posters covered every inch of the walls and ceilings. We then lined her bed under the sheets and then we cut out the Brittney's and attached them to all of the clothes hangers so it looked like she was wearing Courtney's clothes. The final touch was a throw back to Christian. We emptied a giant penny jar on her floor and arranged the pennies into Dr. X.

Kaylene said...

I've always admired the pranks that my older brothers have done. Growing up I wanted to be just like them. So, one Saturday afternoon I convinced Megan McCammom to teepee the Funk's house with me. We dressed up in dark clothing, covered our faces, and grabbed a whole bunch on toilet paper from the basement. Then our plan kind of backfired. I couldn't get the tp to unravel as i threw it over the tree. A few minutes of failed attempts went by and then Valerie came out, sighed, and then began to demonstrate how to properly tp. It was a great learning moment. #1: Unroll the paper a little before you throw it. #2 Don't TP on a Saturday afternoon

Megan said...

As I read all the crazy things you guys did growing up I realized that all the "be a good example to your brothers and sisters" lines I got as the oldest is a bunch of crap. I never pulled any sort of pranks in high school. I've never even TP'd a house. I was so worried about doing the right thing, not embarrasing the family, obeying the rules, etc, that I didn't just go out and have fun. We were the bishop's family and had to set the example. And it was all for nothing. You all still played pranks, and did things I would never have dreamed of doing, and got away with it. Apparently neither my exmaple or the threat of being in trouble were of any use.

From now on, I choose not to be a good example any more. Beware, I have a lot of pranks banked up that I can start using at any time.