Sunday, October 26, 2008

Favorite Halloween Costume
















7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think my favorite Halloween costume ever was the Cinderella dress mom made. She originally made it for Kaylene, but I was pretty much really jealous, so when I got to wear it the next year, it was the best thing ever! This year will be a good costume year for me I think. I am going to be a red crayon and I a friends who are going to be blue, orange, pink, green, and yellow crayons and it will be awesome. Check on facebook for pictures after Friday because I don't have a camera, but be prepared to be amazed!

Presto said...

my favorite costume is going to be the one i have for this year. but past costumes worht mentioning is zorro, ninja, moving target, halloween elf, paint baller, hawiian man complete with coconut bra, pumpkin, and a missionary. this year im going as the riddles from batman. some friends and i are all dressing up as batman characters but im sure mine is going to be the best looking since it is all home made with alot of help from mom and louise. look for pic friday cause i dont want people up here to know what i am untill halloween night.

Darren said...

I think my superman costume was the most used. I recall wearing that thing all over the place. I remember wearing it next door to the Thompson's house and pointing at the S and saying "it spells Superman!" I also remember using all of Christian's old costumes to come up with interesting new costumes. The saddest was probably a combination of the Gorilla Costume, a Pirate hat (from a previous awesome costume), and the skeleton costume that I am wearing in the pictures above (which glowed in the dark!). I called it Captain Fur Bones. Pretty resourceful and slightly pathetic.

Ashlee and I try to get a Halloween costume every year. Our first couple of Halloween's were not particularly great but I feel we have gotten lucky the past two years. Both costumes have been pulled off within hours of the parties we were attending. That's just how we roll. Here is a link to this years costume.

2008 Costume


For the record I think we need a picture of Christian's Jack Sparrow on here.

Christian said...

I have been building up my Indiana Jones costume for several years. I still need the whip to finish it off. Thank you Megan and Mom and Dad for getting the costume this far. The costume I was most proud of was Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. I spent a lot of time at D.I. looking for extra large pants, womens blouses etc. I grew out my beard and even had someone do my makeup. Darren and Daniel Moss were living with me that year. We all dressed up as pirates and our roommate David Sudweeks decorated our apartment like a pirate ship and threw a dance party. My costume was pretty awesome.

Kaylene said...

I just love to watch mom make the costumes. She is just so darn good at it. I owe all of my cool costumes to her skill. I don't honestly have a favorite, so I'll just name a few that I loved. Esmerelda, Hippi, Jessie from Toystory, March Hare, Pippi Longstockings, and Cinderella. I just remembered a favorite, but Rebecca wore it. One year she dressed up as her favorite stuffed animal, her jean elephant. Genius!

Megan said...

I haven't gotten that into costumes as an adult. And growing up I out grew dressing up pretty early as I was responsible for helping the younger kids. I did have some pretty amazing costumes that mom made for me when I was pretty young. One was a cabbage patch doll, which was really a white pinafore with a cabbage patch doll face quilted on. I also was Wonderwoman which was the full flashy outfit complete with the gold bracelets, belt, headband, etc. That was probably my coolest costume ever.

Harold said...

Costumes are always a lot of work them typically a lot of fun. I won 2 silver dollars in the 3rd grade for my knight in shining armor costume mom made out of a box (Horse) with a hole in it that I stood inside of with a horse head stapled to the front of the box. Legs were also staples to the side of the box. I have a helmet (from Quaker oats can) and visor with a wooden sword. Over the years, I have reverted to the stand by indian head dress, buckskin coat or when I was a few pounds lighter, the old plaid. One year, as bishop, the work got out I was wearing the suit with the clown hair and a bunch of members came by just for a look.

I loved seeing the kids dressed up and excited about the evening. You were just fun to watch and Mom had typically pulled off a great feat making the new costumes. Great fun.