Sunday, April 13, 2008

Christmas 2007


Well this was my first Christmas with the Jones family. It was actually my first Christmas with any family other than my own. I was a little worried that I would be out of place or that I would miss my own family. However, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, I couldn't have had more fun. Everyone did such a nice job at welcoming me into the family. I was excited to marry Christian already but spending time with his family made me all the more excited. We played raquetball, had a fuzeball competition (which I was slaughtered in), made lots of great food, went shopping, opened gifts, sang, took our engagement photos (which were awesome), and played guitar hero. It turned out to be one of the best Christmas's I've ever had with some of my favorite people in the world.

6 comments:

kaylene said...

This Christmas I was finally able to go to the new Denver Art Museum. It. Was. Awesome. Becca and I also got the privledge of working at Honeybaked Ham. I have made the conclusion that I am too big to fit under the counter between the employee/customer table. Oh the pain. Mom and I had a fun night quilting and bread baking with Mary and Lyndsay Whitehurst. We watched Celtic Women as we tied Darren and Ashlee's quilt. Megan made me an awesome idea book, she may be up for hire if you're interested. Becca and I took our usual trip to Chilies and Old Navy. I bought my first yellow shirt.
Last but least (J/K) i got the best gifts ever! Preston helped with my computer, Rebecca got me Old Navy boxer panties, G and G got me the worlds best winter driving gloves; they feel like buttermilk. Darren and Ash got me an outdoor lifesaver set, it's been used well. Christian and Em got me music to sing when no one's around, Louise and Megan got me set up for scrapbooking, And the parentals got me an I-pod, music, and a great cookbook (AND I Have USED IT!) Thanks all for a great christmas!

Darren said...

Christmas 2007
This was the year that Emily came to visit and I they let me take their
engagement photos which was fun. I also remember that is was warm because when
I went to get the girls from honey-baked ham I was in my shorts and a t-shirt
from playing racquetball and they made me wait for like 10 minuets outside. As
far as racquetball is concerned I was able to score on Dad. He may or may not
have been playing left handed.

Darren said...

(Preston)
as this was my first Christmas home from my mission it was one i reall enjoyed. having all the family there and even the newer members that i either missed out on the first time or because they are now joining the family. I have always enjoyed giving during christmas. i guess because i suck at it during the rest of the year. I also enjoyed the fun and needed gifts from the family. I loved the gift from christian, the body hair groomer, it will always be with me. I also enjoyed getting to know Emily as we played guitar hero and other games with the family. Chirstian was fun too, except during loaded questions when he chose to extinct Kaylene and I. i also recieved my anual tripping from grandma Jones, thanks grandma! and wresteld some brother and i think i was the vicotor most the time. maby because these guys had there companions with them so they were the nicer one and gave up, or because i am just so ripped, either way works.
Now for the best gift of 07. it definately had to be Kaylenes gift to mom and dad. she spend hours and hours typing up their journals from their early married years to about the time Kaylene was born. i help her with the larg task and it was somthing i was very proud that kaylene was able to do. it was truly from the heart, and the keyboard.

Darren said...

I don't remember loosing any wrestling so I am pretty sure I won. If I had lost I would have remembered it because it would have been the first time it had ever happened. Being that I won (and always do) this was just a regular event and not deemed worthy of remembering.

Ashlee said...

This Christmas I met Emily for the first time and it was the first time I had not just finished finals. It was also the shortest Christmas visit because of my not being in school any more. It was fun playing racquetball. I had not played sense the previous April and there is no where to play in Kingwood. I enjoyed sitting and chatting or playing games as well. I also remember Darren taking Christian and Emily’s engagement pictures and pleading with me to help, but it was just to cold out side. I am a wuss, Texas suites me. But I do miss the sun sets. There are so many trees here that you never get to see the sun set and there are no mountains to make the event spectacular. I also enjoyed opening presents with everyone and eating lots of good food with lots of good company.

Megan said...

Christmas this year was fun, but also somewhat of a blur. I got this terrile stomach flu on Christmas Day. Shortly after breakfast I took the first of many, many trips to the toilet to throw up. And boy did I throw up! I think I had a fever and then I felt somewhat dilusional by evening, which, sad to say, diminished the memories of that week. I do remember really enjoying spending time with Emiliy and Ashlee. And I logged my first win in the family Fooseball tournament, sorry Emily. I also played Christian and did much better than either one of us expected, though Christian sill one, shocker.